Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Welcome to 2016.

Welcome back to my upstairs sewing room, lots of things have changed since I last wrote on my blog.....some are still the same....
 Like my love of sewing and everything that goes with it....
Here are two of my latest projects, a rabbit each for my two grand daughters..... they were fun to make with their little dresses and pantaloons.....



 The one wearing the darker pink dress was made for Stephanie, she loves 'rabbies'


and the lighter coloured dress was for Violet, I know she too will love 'rabbies' when she is a bit older....


Last year I had a major clean and tidy up in my sewing room, so this year I just need to tweak a few things to get everything in its place, one thing that I am struggling with is how to store my embroidery threads??? Some of them are in sandwich bags in a tub in numerical order, others are on bows in pockets from whatever project I used them for  and then others are in other boxes like perle threads and hand dyed threads, its all a bit higgle de piggle de?? Hoping to get some ideas from you fellow stitchers......



3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

the girls will love the rabbits........
they are so cute.......
I only use one sort of embroidery thread and I have them wound on cards and stored in one of those specific boxes.......

Sheryl said...

Hi Chooky, thanks so much for popping in for a visit......
Violets' mum says her rabbit will go up on a shelf because it's too special for her to play with but I know that will change as she gets older....
Yes I think I'm going to go with the bobbins they seem to be the easiest.....

Deb said...

oh my gosh those rabbits are adorable Sheryl. Your beautiful grandies will defintely love them to bits and goodness what beautiful girls they are. Wee Violet with her big bow just tugs at my heart. I'm not allowed to mention grandies yet- the kids hush my mouth!! lol