Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day One

Wow I feel like I am learning to ride a bike again, finally I'm taking the plunge into the blog pond, I have been lurking long enough.

My love of sewing lead me into this wonderful world of blogging where I have found so much inspiration, met (not sure if thats the right word) so many interesting people (alright ladies then), seen some beautiful quilts, stitcheries, embroideries, dolls; photos of some beautiful places, the list goes on and on; anyway thought I'd like to share some of my quilting journey/life with you.

It's Spring here, always a great time for beginnings, starting my blog made me think about some of my early sewing projects like my first cross-stitch; two teddy bears in pink tutus with toys scattered around the floor where they were dancing, it also was beaded (not like me to start with something simple) it hangs proudly in my sewing room along with some other early cross-stitches, I started it in the late 1980's and completed it in 1990/91, long time ago now its a bit hazy; well I hope this gets some of you thinking about your sewing beginnings, til next time happy stitching, Sheryl

No comments: