Friday, January 30, 2009

Well I have been quilting like a madwoman to get this finished....silly me why didn't I machine quilt it.... oh no!.... I thought it would look better handquilted but I didn't anticipate a week of over 40.c and as everyone who quilts knows you can't quilt without touching the quilt... so my efforts to finish this by the end of January are going to fail......

but thats alright because I will finish at least two projects in Feb.... another reason (here we go) for not finishing is because we keep going places.... like taking the two hot dogs for a swim....

Archie loves the water and fetching sticks you throw for him......

He likes to lie down in the water sometimes when you walk him he will just lay down in a puddle obviously cooling off... it is funny to watch....

Nixon just likes to wade around..... drinking the water and then coughing it up because he swallowed too much.... lucky its fresh water.....

Today it's 43 - 44 again ....third day in a row and they are forecasting a "cooler" day tomorrow with 35.c what a joke.... its about now I want to go and live in Tasmania......

2 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

42-43 C...amazing... pretty warm...:o) send some my way.. I need it ..lol...
And I just wanted to say... love the handquilting...you did a the right decision... its wonderful!! :o)

Kathy said...

Archie's so much like my sister's (Auntie's Quaint Quilts) retriever, Molly. She loves the beach and if there's a puddle to be found - she's in it!

The heats been no better in our part of Tassie. The heat wave struck us too. 43 degrees on my back deck on saturday - and I'm only 4 minutes from the coast. Glad its cooled down again now!
Cheers,
Kathy