Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hi everyone, yes I know I have not blogged for a week or two.... the time just seems to vanish .......it would help if I stayed home......
back in Feb I went to the Aust Quilt convention with my SIL and two girlfriends we stayed overnight so we got to go on Thursday and Friday which was really good planning..... the quilts on display were really inspiring.... the work that has gone into some of them was mind boggling ....how do they do them?? and of course we shopped and shopped..... but the highlight of the whole show was spotting Christine from Aunties Quaint Quilts .... I knew she was going to be there and I reconised her from a photo I saw on another blog ...... she was there with her sister, Kath, they were lovely girls it was so nice to meet in person after we had spent so much time reading each others blogs..... Another highlight was I purchased a new sewing machine I hadn't planned to I just wanted to look but they offered show special prices and I couldn't resist so now I am the proud owner of a Bernina Aurora 440 QE I had to wait a week or two before I picked it up. So I had to have a big tidy up (again) in my sewing room .... had to pack up my dear old Elna ...felt quite sad because we had been sewing together for the last 20 years but my girls will enjoy her.
I picked up "Lizzie" (short for Elizabeth- QE.... hehe ) last Wednesday, she looks so beautiful in my sewing room..... so now I should get some serious sewing done.....lol... better get the camera out and take some pics to show you.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your New Machine..does that mean I have to wait another 10yrs..lol...
Enjoy your sewing...
cheers

Christine said...

Hi Sheryl. You are so kind ... it was amazing to meet you too. We'll have to do it again some time.
Lucky you getting a new machine. Looking forward to some pictures soon. Take care.
Christine

Anonymous said...

So happy to read you have purchased a new machine, isn't that just the best feeling. I'm sure you will have many happy days together with Lizzie!

Kathy said...

It was great to meet you too! There's something very special (warm & fuzzy) about bloggers. :-)
Have fun with Lizzie!
Kathy