Monday, May 10, 2010

It's been a while.

Well it has been a while, I decided I needed to concentrate on using my time more productively which meant not spending so many hours on the computer which is why I haven't blogged for while and yes I have got some sewing done, I am madly stitching the Gardeners Journal with the other girls in the Stitch-A-Long and I am very happy with my progress; I have started machine quilting a flannel quilt for my youngest daughter; I just have to stitch a binding around a little Christmas wall-hanging... no pictures yet.
 As well as my sewing I have pulled lots of weeds, cleaned up some of my garden and planted some new seedlings of pansy's and lupins and a few herbs to replace the ones that were overgrown and totally out of control..... that's a very satisfying job done.
The chook house has been finished and we have three brown chickens....
that's Harriet on the left and Matilda on the right......
 this is a close-up of Iris, she is a week or two older than the other girls and we have had two eggs so far....
I will try and post some stitching pics soon.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely to hear from you Sheryl..sounds like YOU have been Busy..
cheers

Nicky said...

Hi Sheryl, Can't wait to see your progress on A Gardener's Journal, not sure if you got my e-mail reply a while back or not, but it was lovely to hear from you. How exciting, you have chooks, I used to, but the stoats kept killing them, so when I get a new rodent proof chook house I can get some more......one day! Nicky

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

nothingh like fresh hens eggs, so yummmy.....
You certainly have been very busy indeed. Come up for air every now and then!

Chookyblue...... said...

keep stitching away at the Gardener's Journal........

Love the new chook house and the girls are gorgeous........