Monday, October 10, 2011

What's in a Name!!

       What's in a name?? well for my blog title it was an obvious choice.... My Upstairs Sewing Room is where I spend most of my time sewing,
although I have been known to sew almost anywhere in the house, I have a floor lamp and my chair in the lounge so I can sew at night while DH & I watch tv together.... I sew at my dining table when I have stitching friends over for a sewing day...... I really love stitching outside in my garden when the weather is kind..... I don't leave the house without a little bag of hand sewing to sew in the car or to take with me when we go boating...... still trying to figure out how to sew & drive at the same time....lol.... oops getting carried away !!!
My sewing is upstairs which is great because it is out of sight so only very lucky people get to see the mess  way I have it laid out with my machine set up ready to go all the time, a huge cutting mat - great to work on.... a bookcase with all my P & Q magazines & books, embroidery books all nice & handy... nice big cupboard & drawers for storage; perfect in all ways.
It has been lovely reading about how peoples blog titles came about, thanks Dawn for asking the question..... now guess where I am taking a coffee for an hour or so.....

3 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Love your name and the story!

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing your story. My sewing room is upstairs too and only the "special" people get invited up to see - mostly because it is usually really messy :)

Chookyblue...... said...

I love your name..........funny how the mess can end up all over the house............lol.........